Anni Schäfer August 16, 2020 Apple Recipe
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons garlic powder
4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
2 teaspoons pepper
1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds), halved
1/4 cup butter, cubed
6 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and chopped (about 5 cups)
1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1. In a large shallow dish, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add pork; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Place pork roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast until a thermometer reads 145°, 55-65 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, rosemary and salt; cook until apples are tender, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until apples are very soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; mash apples to desired consistency.
5. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with warm applesauce.
Nutrition Facts :
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup applesauce: 287 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.