Are Becker August 15, 2020 Apple Recipe
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons butter
2 tart baking apples, peeled and sliced
3 to 4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in a 425° oven. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt and nutmeg; cover and process until smooth.
2. Add butter to hot skillet; return to oven until butter bubbles. Pour batter into skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp.
3. For topping, in a skillet, combine the apples, butter and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender. Spoon into baked pancake. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut and serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Many fruits can be used in place of the apples. Pears, berries, peaches or plums are all delish. If you use berries, just skip the precooking step.
- For extra flavor, try adding a splash of almond or vanilla extract to the batter.
Nutrition Facts :
1 serving: 192 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.