Audrick Heinrich October 24, 2020 Fall Recipes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 medium leeks, white and light green parts, sliced (2 cups)
2 celery stalks, diced
16 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoons tamari
¼ cup dry white wine
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
4 cups vegetable broth
1 pound cauliflower, broken into florets (5 cups)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, ¼ teaspoon salt, and cook 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, 8 to 10 minutes more.
2. Stir in the tamari, wine, garlic, and thyme and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the wine has evaporated. Add the broth and the cauliflower.
3. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very soft. Transfer to a blender, add the mustard and vinegar, and blend until smooth. Season to taste and serve with desired garnishes.
- Drizzle of coconut milk
- Crusty bread, toasted as croutons or served on the side
- Additional mushrooms, sautéed
- Toasted pine nuts
- Microgreens or tender thyme leaves