Archibald Lehmann October 24, 2020 Fall Recipes
1 medium head cauliflower, about 2 lbs.
2 shallots, peeled and sliced into quarters
4 unpeeled garlic cloves
4 cups vegetable broth
Leaves from 5 fresh thyme sprigs
½ tablespoon white miso paste
½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Trim the cauliflower head into florets and cut the core into pieces. Spread the cauliflower and the shallots on the baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Wrap the garlic cloves, along with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt, in a piece of aluminum foil and place it on the baking sheet with the vegetables.
3. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cauliflower is browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Set aside 1½ cups of the smaller cauliflower florets for garnish.
4. In a blender, combine the roasted cauliflower, shallots, peeled garlic, vegetable broth, thyme leaves, miso paste and Dijon mustard and blend until smooth. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper and blend. Taste and adjust seasonings adding more lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. If the soup is too thick, add water, a few tablespoons at a time and blend to desired consistency.
5. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and the reserved cauliflower florets.