Anselmo Braun October 24, 2020 Fall Recipes
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
½ to 1 teaspoon SimplyNature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ teaspoon Stonemill Ground Cumin
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon Stonemill Ground Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon SimplyNature Cayenne Pepper (less if sensitive to spice)
6 cups loose-packed SimplyNature organic spring mix greens
2 ounces Happy Farms Preferred Goat Cheese, torn into smaller pieces
2 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
¼ cup Southern Grove Pistachios, crushed and toasted
Stonemill sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cider Date Dressing (makes extra)
5 tablespoons SimplyNature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons SimplyNature Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 Medjool date, pitted
½ garlic clove
⅛ teaspoon Stonemill Ground Cumin
heaping ¼ teaspoon Stonemill sea salt
freshly ground Stonemill black pepper, to taste
3 to 5 tablespoons water, as needed to blend
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash cubes on the sheet and drizzle with olive oil and pinches of sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender and browned around the edges.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne. Set aside.
3. Make the Cider Date Dressing: In a blender, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, date, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of water. Add 1 to 2 more tablespoons of water as needed to blend.
4. Remove the butternut squash from the oven, let cool slightly, and, while warm, toss with the spice mixture.
5. Assemble the salad with the spring mix greens and half of the roasted squash. Drizzle with ⅓ of the dressing, toss lightly, then add the remaining squash, goat cheese, dates, pomegranates, and pistachios. Drizzle with more dressing as desired. Serve immediately.