Amald Schulze October 28, 2020 Fall Recipes
1 medium sweet potato, cubed
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
½ teaspoon chili powder
4 to 6 tortillas (I like these white corn & wheat tortillas, or homemade tortillas)
1 cup black beans, cooked, drained, and rinsed
Lime slices, for serving
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Avocado yogurt sauce:
½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
1 small avocado
½ garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime
Sea salt & fresh black pepper
1 small avocado, diced
2 scallions, diced
Crumbled feta or Cotija cheese
Microgreens or fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper, and spread onto the baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Make the avocado yogurt sauce: In a small food processor, combine the yogurt, avocado, garlic, lime juice, and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. Chill until ready to use.
4. Assemble the tacos with a scoop of the sauce, the roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, and desired toppings. Season with salt, pepper, and squeezes of lime.
- Vegan option: Sub cashew cream for yogurt. Blend until creamy: ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour) with ½ cup water. (also, omit cheese)
- Gluten free option: Sub GF corn tortillas