Amell Zimmermann July 3, 2020 Apple Recipe
1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cubed
3 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
6 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
1 pound maple pork sausage
4 celery ribs, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium carrots, shredded
6 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, divided
2 cups crushed multigrain Club Crackers (2-1/2x1 inch) (about 40 crackers)
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup cooked long grain rice
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place squash and apples on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until tender, about 25 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 375°.
2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
3. Add sausage, celery, onions and carrots to pan; cook over medium-high heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
4. Transfer to a large bowl. Add 5 cups stuffing cubes, crackers, evaporated milk, soup, eggs, rice, sour cream, seasonings and reserved squash mixture and bacon; toss. Transfer to 2 greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Lightly crush remaining 1 cup stuffing cubes. Sprinkle over tops; dot with butter.
5. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 15-20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts :
3/4 cup: 401 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.